My app got reject for Oauth issue, but I followed everything to the dot. Need help to understand.

farazsyed
3 0 0

Hello - My app got rejected (again) and the only comments I got back was the Oauth was not working.  And I got an attached screenshot, which showed me that the app install worked perfectly as planned.

Here is my flow

• User going into store in Shopify
  • Find my app and starts the installation
  • Oauth kicks in and goes through the permissions screen
  • Installation is completed
  • User is redirected to my UI, which is a confirmation screen with a Login button on 
  • At the point, the user is expected to login to my platform, where the app has been installed
  • Login info (username/password) will have been automatically emailed to the store's contact email address

In the rejection notice, I got the screenshot of the confirmation screen with the login button.  Am I missing something.

I assumed that the reviewer would install the app on a test store and would be able to retrieve the username/password by checking email for this test store.  Is my assumption wrong?

If wrong, then should I create a dummy account and for purposes of testing, hardcode a username/password for this dummy account and share details in the app submission?  Real users would still get their login credentials via email, but the testers can use the dummy account.

0 Likes
policenauts
Trailblazer
160 7 25

Can you paste or screenshot the exact rejection message? I would think you should provide the reviewer with dummy credentials so they can login and actually see your app.

However, the fact that they cited OAuth makes me wonder if you have something going on in your OAuth process. If you create multiple development stores and then from the Partner dashboard go to your app, then More actions > "test on my development store" and then click the install link to install your app individually on each of your development stores, does the app install correctly for each store individually? 

0 Likes
farazsyed
3 0 0

Hi there - yes, here is the screenshot that was sent to me.  Does not tell much, because this is the confirmation screen I show after a successful install.  Here is the exact message I got:

Use OAuth to ask for scope permissions immediately after merchants add your app. Check and troubleshoot your app's OAuth by reinstalling your app on your test store using this method. See this screenshot for context on your existing install flow.

Since then I have gone ahead and created a dummy account with credentials, so after a successful install, the reviewer can login using these creds and check the install.  I have 3 test stores, and I can successfully install and uninstall the app any number of times from the 'test on my development store' flow.  

Thanks for your help!

07-46-50532-60082 (1).png

0 Likes
policenauts
Trailblazer
160 7 25

Gotcha, if you can successfully install / uninstall on each of your test stores then hopefully they are just citing an issue with not having credentials and if you provide your own app's test credentials that will solve the problem. Also, are you force embedding the app back into Shopify Admin after OAuth (using forceRedirect:true)? 

0 Likes
farazsyed
3 0 0

I'm actually not using the forceRedirect.  To be honest I wasn't aware of this functionality.  My app is a standalone platform, rather than an embedded app, so didn't come across this in my reading.  I will look into it now.  Thanks for bringing this up.

0 Likes