Mysterious Response - "Failed to submit fulfill request" when requesting fulfillment

BenHarkins
Tourist
6 0 1

I'm trying to POST to this endpoint: https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/shipping-and-fulfillment/fulfillmentrequest?api[ve...

With this payload: 

{
  "fulfillment_request": {
    "message": "Please fulfill this.",
    "shipping_method": "Standard",
    "notify_customer": true
  }
}
And the response is 422 'StatusError' with a message of 'Unprocessable Entity', and error text that says "Failed to submit fulfill request"

I'm confident that my fulfillment_order_id is correct (I can list the line items incorrectly and those get identified as missing, when I drop the line items as below or list them by correct ids then I see this error)

This is an Amazon Marketplace Web Fulfillment Request, and the shipping method does indeed match that shown in the GraphQL variable when requesting fulfillment through the UI

Here's the 'x-request-id' for a recent failed request: '2e4cf9e6-1910-4e08-9be6-c642b8ccf2bc'

Any help with this mystery would be appreciated!

0 Likes
SBD_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1044 141 185

Hey @BenHarkins 

Our logs suggest "the shipping_method is invalid_for_this_fulfillment_service". We could do a better job with the "Failed to submit fulfill request" response.

Are you able to adjust the shipping method?

0 Likes
BenHarkins
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Scotty-

Thanks! I am able to adjust it, but I'm not sure what to adjust it to... 

I'm pretty sure Amazon Marketplace Web is expecting "Standard" for standard shipping speed (the only one I care about right now), which is indeed the value I'm sending. I've tried "standard" also. The capitalized value is what's sent when I inspect the GraphQL request when making the same fulfillment request to amazon via the Shopify admin UI.

Do you have any ideas on what value is expected here instead?

0 Likes
denbaek
1 0 0

Hi,

Did anyone solve this issue? I'm having exactly same issue. I can't find anything from Shopify documents.

This is so critical part for shopify to MCF integration.

0 Likes