Navigation API Endpoint?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Is there an API endpoint I can call to get a list of a shop's navigation items?

I have a separate website where I want to display a replica of my shop's navigation.

Thanks.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 277

Navigation list items are not exposed through our APIs currently.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Alex
Hello Alex,

Is there any update on this thread? Are we going to get navigation end point anytime soon?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 277

Hey @ShankarKumar,

Nothing to share right now. You can expect an announcement to be made before we begin allowing access to an endpoint like this should it become a feature.

Cheers.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Can you elaborate? Like, do you mean:
"There are plans to add an endpoint at some point in the future, but we don't know when"?
OR
"There are no plans to add such an endpoint at this time, so you should consider other solutions"?

We're migrating a Magento store with a complex category structure to Shopify, and I'm trying to decide if I should make a userscript to automate this piece, or wait for an officially supported API.

Looks like we could do this programmatically with a well-formed AJAX request that mimics the stock Admin UI (see below).
Selection_208.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 277

Hey @EricSeastrand,

I should have been more clear. There are no current plans to add this endpoint. However, it's a pain point we know partners in the community want, so the idea of implementing it in the future is definitely not off the table. Feedback/requests of course is always appreciated, we're listening.

Cheers.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Alex, so is there any way for our app to add an item to the navigation bar of our customers' shops?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Where is the best place to submit / request new endpoints like this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 6

This is sorely needed!

6 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Any plans to make the Navigation APIs available?

We really need a way to match up the collections with the navigation menu on the website. 

Is scraping the website html for the navigation items the best way to get around this for now?

0 Likes