New Translation API is available from which API version?

1 0 0

We are trying to use the new Shopify Translation APIs but it seems to be available only from the unstable API version.

Is it correct?

Annoucement: https://developers.shopify.com/changelog/enable-your-users-to-sell-in-multiple-languages-with-our-ne...

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
618 45 81

Hi @jmllorens,

You're correct. You can test the API in unstable, and test it by creating a Developer Preview store from your partner dashboard. You can follow this tutorial for testing it.

Keep your eyes peeled on the Developer Changelog for the full release of this feature.

Cheers

0 Likes
12 0 0

Will this be something that can be used with the storefront API? Also, when can we expect it to be released for public stores? 

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
618 45 81

Hi @malthemilthers,

Can you elaborate what you mean by whether this is something that can be used with the storefront API? The translation endpoints are part of our admin API rather than the storefront API, however, it is used to provide translation for storefront content. 

In terms of a public release, I don't currently have an ETA.

1 Like
12 0 0

Hi Busfox, 

Well, i'm struggling to figure out how to make my shopify storefront multilingual. I have a react site that uses the storefront API to handle all products and cart interactions, but currently it's only in one language. I can't seem to find options to make the products and collections multi lingual in the shopify admin. So my question is — is there a way to serve multi lingual content from shopify with the storefront API, and is this translation part of the admin API the way to go, or is there some other option? 

thanks.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
618 45 81

Hi again,

Currently, our translation API is only available in the admin API. I can definitely understand the requirement to also serve translated content through the storefront API, and it's something that we'll be exploring in the future.

Cheers,

0 Likes
12 0 0

So if I understand you correctly.. it's currently not possible to serve translated product info via the storefront API? 

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
618 45 81

Correct. Translatable content is currently only available through the admin API.

0 Likes