No Null values able to apply to shopify data

Solved
RobertFXR
Excursionist
20 0 1

We're using Celigo as our connector between Netsuite and Shopify. One problem we keep encountering is that we're unable to send NULL values to shopify (eg - if a product promo ends and we need to blank out the compare-at price again). Celigo blames shopify for this. Any idea if this is accurate or if there are any updates on future fixes for this? Thanks!!

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 97 178

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @RobertFXR,

The API does allow sending null values, if null is an appropriate value for that field.

I sent this call to change the price on a product. The old price was 5, and the old compare_at_price was 10:

20-06-pkszz-ohv5c

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

RobertFXR
Excursionist
20 0 1

Thank you so much for this confirmation!!

0 Likes
RobertFXR
Excursionist
20 0 1
Hey JB- are you available (or someone on your behalf) to get on a zoom or teams call so our ERP/connector guy can demonstrate the failures we're experiencing?
0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 97 178

Hey @RobertFXR,

I can't get on a call, but if your ERP can provide a few request_ids from failed calls, I can check the logs to see what's coming through on our end. The id can be found in the response headers of a call, the field is called X-Shopify-Request-ID.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
RobertFXR
Excursionist
20 0 1
Thanks again! I've let him know this, and I'll send it along as soon as I receive something from him!
0 Likes