Solved

No SKUs variant on webhooks

alfredoc
Tourist
19 0 3

Hi. Im receiving a webhook for the "orders/paid" event, but im not getting the SKU's variant.

This is the web side of the product/variant, where you can see it uses a proper SKU:

web.png

We identify the products and variants with the SKU, but we are not reciving the variante SKU on the webhook information!

get.png

I'm missing something? if not, can you add this important information??

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Busfox
Shopify Staff (Retired)
628 49 110

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @alfredoc,

It looks like that variant didn't have a SKU when the order was created. A line item is a snapshot of the variant at the time of the order, and you can see that the line item on the order also does not have a SKU. What happens if you create a new order for the same variant?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Busfox
Shopify Staff (Retired)
628 49 110

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @alfredoc,

It looks like that variant didn't have a SKU when the order was created. A line item is a snapshot of the variant at the time of the order, and you can see that the line item on the order also does not have a SKU. What happens if you create a new order for the same variant?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

alfredoc
Tourist
19 0 3

hi @Busfox ! thanks for the reply and the answer, in fact i tried again with a new order and it worked fine.

The shop was created on 2017 with the developer tools with automatic fill of products and orders. I tried again with another-new developer shop but now it only works in mac? can I create dummy data with another tool? it's far more practica

Thanks!