No options for subscription API in private apps

marckh
1 0 2

I am looking to create a private subscription app for a client.

When I go to give the app permission in the Admin API of the private app the necessary scopes are missing:

read_customer_payment_methods, write_own_subscription_contracts, read_own_subscription_contracts

Is the subscription API still in Beta? Do I need to do something special to gain access to these scopes?

Thank you for your help.

saeba
Tourist
6 0 3

Encountering the same issue here.

Anyone from Shopify team can give a hand???

I was also looking into this. So I also tested it on a regular app authenticated via OAuth. It seems that the indicated scopes are not available as I'm getting an error on the Oauth authentication steps.

Maybe something still needs to be enabled by Shopify?

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
1016 83 238

Did you read the specifics here? https://shopify.dev/tutorials/authenticate-a-public-app-with-oauth#subscriptions-apis-permissions You need to apply for permission from Shopify apparently. Hope this helps!

Hi @Greg_Kujawa 

Ahh got it. I assumed that since the new APIs are now public all apps are allowed to use the new APIs. But apparently, your app still needs to be whitelisted.

I just tried it on our App that participates in the Subscription beta, and was able to call the API.

Thanks!

0 Likes
SherwynSoff
1 0 1

@michiels I am still looking for a way to enable Subscription API's for a private app and don't see the required scopes available in the permissions on admin. Did you find a way to get this done for your private app?

Thanks!

sendy
Tourist
6 0 1
Yes, I tested the same. Private apps don't have access to read subscription contracts etc. https://shopify.dev/concepts/apps/subscriptions-faq But they are planning to launch some subscription API's like storefront support later this year.
0 Likes
MajoMFR
Tourist
6 0 0

I know it might be late
but the solution i got was too go to shopify partners and from there go to your app setup and scroll down to get request for subscription. Describe your issue and then you will get access to subscription api in a  day or two

0 Likes
sendy
Tourist
6 0 1

Yes, but it only works for Custom and Public apps. Not for private apps.

0 Likes