No results on admin/api/2020-04/carrier_services.json endpoint

Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 0

We try to the following request:

GET https://dierenshop123.myshopify.com/admin/api/2020-04/carrier_services.json HTTP/1.1
Content-Type: application/json
Authorization: Basic #HIDDEN#
Host: dierenshop123.myshopify.com
Connection: Keep-Alive

And get response:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 14:01:29 GMT
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-aliveX-ShopId: 40667840673
X-ShardId: 160
X-Stats-UserId:
X-Stats-ApiClientId: 3967341
X-Stats-ApiPermissionId: 255673139361
HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT: 1/40
X-Shopify-Shop-Api-Call-Limit: 1/40
X-Shopify-API-Version: 2020-04

Body:

{"carrier_services":[]}

But we are sure carriers are configured.

Does anyone have idea what could be missing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 57 91

Hey @EasyAds,

My only guess is a missing scope, does your app have the read_shipping permission? If it does and you're still not getting the expected response, please send along the X-Request-Id value from the response headers of one of your calls, and I'll use that to investigate further in our logs. 

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 0

Dear @_JB ,

Excuse me for the late reaction.

As it turns out, our customers are not necessarily interested in synchronizing their fullfillment/carrier services. But instead, we want to synchronize possible shipping methods. As found in the admin under url "/admin/settings/shipping".

I am, however, unable to find a way to retrieve delivery methods from the Admin rest api. Even though I could read carrier and/or fulfillment services (if they were available, which turns out to be not true for most our clients). Proper scopes have been assigned, because I got past the "missing read_shipping scope".

Do you know how I can fetch this list?

Kind regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 57 91

Hey @EasyAds,

The REST API doesn't offer a method for retrieving shipping methods from a shop, this functionality because available when we rolled out delivery profiles which is only available through the GraphQL API. Here's a link to the tutorial: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/manage-advanced-shipping-information-with-delivery-profiles

This still requires the read_shipping scope, and will allow you to read the shipping methods merchants create for their products. Be sure to check the migration guide link at the top of the tutorial to make sure the shop as enabled delivery profiles, as I don't believe it's been enabled yet for all shops.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes