Node Version Compatibility

Solved
GMKnight
Shopify Partner
72 7 30

Hi guys,

Currently I am using the following versions. Question: What version of Node are these compatible with and what version are you using? I was using the latest 12.16.3 LTS but wanted to make sure these packages would work.

"@shopify/app-bridge": "^1.21.6",
"@shopify/app-bridge-react": "^1.21.6",
"@shopify/koa-shopify-auth": "^3.1.63",
"@shopify/koa-shopify-graphql-proxy": "^3.3.1",
"@shopify/koa-shopify-webhooks": "^2.4.2",
"@shopify/polaris": "^4.22.0",
"@zeit/next-css": "^1.0.1",

Many thanks, G.

Store owner and app developer. Canada.
0 Likes
mkevinosullivan
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
6 3 3

This is an accepted solution.

Hi G.

The minimum recommended version we use for Node is v10.18 and the packages you listed will work fine with that. They should also work with any version of Node after that.

So, using v12.16.3 should be fine, but if you notice anything, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Kevin.

GMKnight
Shopify Partner
72 7 30

Thank you @mkevinosullivan for your reply.

My app submission was rejected. As far as the reviewer could see two buttons didn't work. Of course I would not have submitted an app in this state.

In reality the server was responding with a 500 error and the cause: ERR_HTTP_INVALID_HEADER_VALUE indicating an undefined response header value.

I posted here (https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/ERR-HTTP-INVALID-HEADER-VALUE-on-POST/m-p/752861#M...) without any luck and I am also struggling to find any further information from the app reviewer (or anyone at Shopify).

The problem: I cannot reproduce the issue in any way shape or form.

I don't set any response headers myself. The only common denominator is Koa and Shopify. 

My hunch at this stage is that Node 12 as a tighter restriction on what is set in the header value and it is picking up something incorrect from Koa or Shopify.

Like I said I can't reproduce it on the same production server that the app reviewer used. And I can't figure out how to get further information from them.

Any thoughts would be very welcome.

GMKnight. 

Store owner and app developer. Canada.
0 Likes