Not getting all data from GraphQL API trhough bulk operation

LubovTopchyi
2 0 0

Hi,

We are Tableau/Power BI Connectors Shopify apps vendor.

Our connectors do the following:  request data from Shopify using bulk operations of Shopify GraphQL API, wait for response while bulk operations are prepared, convert data to format supported by Tableau/Power BI and return formatted data to the user.

Since yesterday we started to receive clients' complaints about inability to get all the data they were able to get previously, e.g. client was getting about 1300 rows of Orders data, but now he can only get 200 rows, after re-preparing data he gets 700. Returned number of rows changes unpredictably. Since the data preparation process fully depends on Shopify we have an assumption that something has changed in API.

We found no option to solve the issue from our end (the process of data preparation fully depends on Shopify). We have already few complaints from our customers, we believe all our 500+ customers are facing this issue and the issue is going to become critical in a short time.

Here are two bulk operations ids (as an example):

gid://shopify/BulkOperation/106826989723  2021-02-02 09:49:05+00
gid://shopify/BulkOperation/106827284635  2021-02-02 09:49:46+00

We would appreciate any kind of information/fixes/feedback regarding this matter. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 86 163

Hey @LubovTopchyi,

Thanks for providing those details. We received a few similar reports over the past few days, so I've raised those examples with our developers for further investigation. I'll post back here once we have it resolved.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 86 163

Hey @LubovTopchyi,

Our developers have shipped a fix to prevent the issue of bulk operations delivering incomplete data. Everything should work as expected now, but please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can help with.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

LubovTopchyi
2 0 0

Hello @_JB ,

Thank you very much for the quick delivery! We are waiting for the clients' feedback on this matter at the moment.

Rergards,

Luba

0 Likes