Not receiving app/uninstalled webhooks anymore.

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
39 0 8

Thanks @Ryan, tryed again on a dev shop and it seems to be working as expected now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
59 2 8

FYI it is still happening.

I'm assuming it's because you haven't resubscribe all the webhooks yet but just wanted to let you know...

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
39 0 8

Indeed, just tried again on our dev store with ID 5234605 and did not receive an uninstall webhook despite our partners account logging it at 6:07 am EDT.

Please advise.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

Just wanted to chime in and mention that we have also noticed that the "app/uninstalled" webhooks has been unsubscribed for quite a few of our customers' stores.

@RyanThank you for the updates so far. If you can confirm that the missing webhooks will be re-subscribed for all affected stores, that would be wonderful.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 0 14

A number of our production and dev app instances are still missing the app/uninstalled webhook, although new installs are registering the webhook correctly.  I saw the note from Shopify that removed webhooks would be back-filled by tomorrow, but just wanted to clarify  few things:

1. @Ryan mentioned resubscribing to any webhooks that are urgently needed.  I thought the app/uninstalled webhook was automatically subscribed to when a user installs an app.  Is there a manual way to subscribe to this webhook?

2.  The only potential issue I see with sending any app/uninstalled webhooks that were triggered during the outage is what if the merchant has since re-installed the app?  Occasionally we see merchants uninstall our app and then a few hours later they will re-install.  Sending an uninstall webhook for a store that re-installed will obviously cause big problems... are there any plans to address this?  

As a side note a big +1 to @ClementBR 's suggestion on a better way to urgently access partner support.  I don't even bother using the chat tool anymore for partner issues as the folks on the other end don't seem to have any knowledge of the issues partners often deal with.  I understand the policy is that support can't give 'technical help' to app devs who are troubleshooting, but I find that partner chat takes this to an extreme and generally won't verify that everything is working properly on Shopify's end.   Even a direct email address for support staff that are familiar with the API, webhooks, etc. would be a huge improvement.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

This is still happening for us as well. It started on March 10th, and has been that way since. Quite a while for an essential webhook to not be sent back.. and no notice from Shopify anywhere - have to dig around the forums for an official statement. Why is there no better communication with partners?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 37 101

To clarify this a bit further, this was a one time issue where some app/uninstalled webhook subscriptions were deleted.  There were never any issues with webhook deliveries.  Any "missed" webhooks are simply because the subscription was deleted.  Any subscriptions that were re-made or made after this event have no issues.

The team is currently in the process of restoring these subscriptions, and then reconciling any uninstall events that occurred while they were deleted which will generate these uninstall hooks that were never sent because the subscription was gone.  This is expected to be resolved by tomorrow.  

In the meantime, if your app needs to perform an important action when receiving this uninstall webhook, it is suggested that you have your app re-subscribe to this topic.  This will not affect the reconciliation.  See the documentation on creating a webhook subscription here.

Developer Experience @ Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
59 2 8

@Ryan will you be re-issuing the app/uninstalled webhook even if they store has since re-installed the application?

I would hope not.

How do I mark this topic as non solved?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
59 2 8

Any update would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 37 101

Webhooks will not be sent for any shop that has since reinstalled the app.

There are some issues restoring the subscriptions and the team is still working on it but as you can imagine everyone has a limited capacity these days. I would suggest again, if your app relies on these subscriptions to perform any task on an uninstall, you should register the subscription via the API.

Developer Experience @ Shopify
0 Likes