OAuth missing extra user information / Shopify iOS

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello!

I am testing an app in development on the Shopify mobile app, and having some issues getting up and running.

FWIW - rails 6 / react, latest shopify_app, latest iOS, latest shopify mobile, latest safari.

On desktop, I can access the app and OAuth flow works as one would expect.

When I test the same app on the mobile app, I get into a redirect loop, and eventually kicked back out to the shop apps listing view with a message saying my browser needs to allow third party cookies. When I tap into the app a second time, same thing - kicks be back out with the error. When I tap into the app for a third time, the shop session is set, but the user session is nil.

Safari iOS settings have "prevent cross-site tracking" disabled, and "block all cookies" disabled.

I've followed the setup guides and am running a basic / default version of ShopifyApp. The only scope configured now is "read_products" via config.scope = "read_products"

What am I missing here? This seems really broken, but since I am not seeing many folks with this issue - I believe I am missing something critical.

Thanks - Adam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 57 92

Hey @releod,

Can you provide the shop_id the shop you have the app installed on? I don't have any suggestions off the top of my head, but I can try replicating and check to see if our logs have any useful information that will help troubleshoot.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes