Order API stopped working for sales channel

Johnny11
Tourist
8 0 4

Hi we rely on the Order API (both orders/create webhook and the REST API) for our sales channel app. On March 11th we stopped receiving orders/create webhooks (we still receive other webhooks like products/update). We can no longer use the order REST API either. Can someone from Shopify help us debug? We've tried chat and phone support, and neither were able to help.

Please let me know as this is crucial to the functioning of our app. Thanks.

Replies 5 (5)

pauldowman
Shopify Staff (Retired)
8 2 4

Can you provide more detail? What happens when you use the REST API? Support and other forum users will need that to help you.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Johnny11
Tourist
8 0 4

Hi thanks for the response. GET /orders.json?status=any returns { "orders": [] }. Interestingly, I can read customers. But then when I try GET /customers/:id/orders.json I also get { "orders": [] }. In both cases, I know there should be orders there. In the first, I know that these shops have orders in the last 60 days. In the second, I can see from GET /customers/:id.json that the customer was just created and just placed an order.

Surprisingly, there are a few shops we have pushed orders to. For those stores, I see only those orders we pushed in GET /orders.json?status=any.

Did something change to the ability for sales channels to read orders other than the orders that the app itself has created? We used to get orders/create webhooks for all orders on all shops that installed the app and we used to be able to do request all orders from the past 60 days via the REST API.

_JB
Shopify Staff
836 100 222

Hey @Johnny11,

Can you please confirm the name of your app? There have been some recent changes to how sales channels access orders, and it sounds like your app was affected by the changes. The changes weren't supposed to be breaking, so if you confirm the name of your app I can investigate further for you.

JB | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Johnny11
Tourist
8 0 4

The app is Honeycomb: Partnership Network 

https://apps.shopify.com/honeycomb-1

Thanks.

Johnny11
Tourist
8 0 4

Just wanted to check in and see if there are any updates. Please feel free to email the email for this account (Johnny11) or to the emergency developer email on our app if this doesn't need to be a public conversation.