Order Management Response

jt2112
3 0 0

My comment pertains to the tutorial Adding order management to your hosted payment gateway.

When Shopify POSTS to my server, I respond with a HTTP 200 as well as x_result and x_timestamp in the response body. This will ensure that my order status is set correctly even prior to my server sending a request to x_url_callback.

The documentation is not clear and I suggest updating it to reflect that some response values are supported as a response to the initial POST call.

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 86 163

Hey @jt2112,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to send it to our product teams.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
jmmc
Tourist
9 0 2

@jt2112 wrote:

My comment pertains to the tutorial Adding order management to your hosted payment gateway.

When Shopify POSTS to my server, I respond with a HTTP 200 as well as x_result and x_timestamp in the response body. This will ensure that my order status is set correctly even prior to my server sending a request to x_url_callback.

The documentation is not clear and I suggest updating it to reflect that some response values are supported as a response to the initial POST call.

Hi, I don't see that the documentation was updated. I am having some issues with this too. 

do you mean that when order management is turned on on merchant's store and also setup at gateway, you first receive the usual call from shopify, you have to answer with a 200 as received, and then you receive a call from the server directly to your gateway api?

0 Likes
jmmc
Tourist
9 0 2

@jt2112 wrote:

hello, I am also having this issue trying to complete this using the instructions there. anyone can comment here on this?

0 Likes
SBD_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1044 141 185

Hey @jmmc 

Where are you getting stuck? Is this for a capture?

jmmc
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello,

Using Order management in general. I keep getting response as if it is not ON on either gateway or merchant store.

I created this other topic, so I dont Hijack this one that much. Here