Order not showing as fulfilled

armstrong
2 0 0

We are using a WMS software to manage all Shopify orders via API. When the orders are completed in the warehouse, the software will send a request to make as fulfilled. The question is some of orders was marked as fulfilled successfully, but some of them are failed. Sometimes those failed orders will be marked as fulfilled successfully after a few days with many tries. What is going on? Thanks.

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1310 118 340

The API request will return error messages if it fails. I would contact the software developers of the app you're using, they can debug and figure out why the fulfillment is failing.

That being said, sometimes random fulfillment failures happen with no good message, but setting up an auto retry after a few seconds usually solves it (in the cases when the error message is empty or a random 500 error).

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
armstrong
2 0 0
Thanks a lot for your reply. This is exactly what we are facing now. Random
fulfillment failures happen with no good message. The error message only
shows us "Reason: Not Found". Retries sometimes solve the problem, but
after a few days later with hundreds of retries. It's so weird.
0 Likes
Pimax
Excursionist
12 1 0

Hello,
In this case, he can still complete most of them, but I call fulfillment to return the order status, none of them can take effect,
I hope you can see my post and give me some help

0 Likes