Order risk endpoint returns empty array

Highlighted
3 0 0

Is anyone else receiving an empty array in response to a request to the shopify order risks API endpoint?

Usually it works fine, but sometimes the order risks endpoint returns {"risks":[]}. This is the case even if the fraud filter detects something we have defined manually and therefore has a fraud rating of medium or higher. 

The stores this is happening for are all on Shopify Plus plans. 

There is a previous question regarding this same issue, however the advice offered there doesn't help resolve the problem: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Order-Risk-endpoint/m-p/580157

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
28 5 4

Hi @jmcdl ,

I'm currently investigating this issue. It is possible that when the risk assessment is retriggered by fraud filter, this could be what is causing the empty array as a response. 

Would you be able to provide me with the `x-request-id` header from a response or two that have an empty array for the risks field? This would allow me to investigate further. 

Thanks

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi @sd_ ,

Thanks for following up. 

Our system doesn't save the response header unfortunately. I just had a look at one order where our system recorded an empty response "{\"risks\":[]}". When I called the order risk API for this order again just now using the browser it did give the correct response. The x-request-id for this was a9ce240a-f939-4b61-9248-fd8b97836e7b, but I suspect that's not very helpful. If there's anything else that would help you investigate the issue please let me know. 

0 Likes