Order status update using api

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

HI

I am working on app.

I want to update order status for example from pending to paid and shipped from an app using Shopify order APIs

but i cannot see any api to update the status of the order. Any o

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 82 179

Hey @kashifmushtaq07 ,

The financial_status and fulfillment_status of an order are as a result of actions taken on the order itself, they aren't things that can be set manually after it is created.

For example, an order's financial_status will be paid once the transactions on an order result in enough funds collected to cover the order's cost. And the fulfillment_status will update to fulfilled once all of an order's line items have been shipped. 

So depending on what status you need to update, you'd likely want to look at either the Transaction API or Fulfillment API

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

I want to update status pending to paid.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 82 179

This is an accepted solution.

You cannot change the financial_status directly with an update, you would need to create a transaction to capture whatever funds are still owed to pay for the order. You can do this with the Transaction API or by marking the order as paid with GraphQL

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

@ ,

Is there a way to use the Transaction message to update an order that has been paid by cash or wire transfer and which did not have a credit card authorization?  We have orders that are created in Shopify via the Order API, we ship the orders, then we receive payment via an electronic ACH deposit into our company checking account.  There is no credit card processing involved.  We would like to update the payment status of these orders from Pending (which we use when they are created) to Paid after we have received the ACH deposit.  Can we use the Transaction message to do this and if so what attribute values would we need to submit in the message?

0 Likes