Order update webhook is not fired on order shipping address update

renan
Shopify Partner
7 0 3

After an order is created, when we edit the shipping address for that order, the "order/updated" webhook is not fired.

It happened recently as never we had any problem with it before.

Also it seem that if we make any other changes, we receive well the "orders/updated" webhook, for example editing the notes.

Did anyone also experience the same problem ?

It's maybe not related but we subscribe to the webhooks via graphQL with webhookSubscriptionCreate

Replies 11 (11)

mrad
Shopify Staff (Retired)
63 10 15

Hello Renan, this is a problem that's been effecting a few merchants and we've been looking into today, I'll give you an update as soon as possible. Thank you

mrad | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

UnchainedLogist
Visitor
1 0 0

@mrad Is this still being investigated. We are also seeing this issue.

BillyG
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I am sitting with the same problem. Changes to the Shipping Address do not fire any webhooks. This is causing a lot of support calls and confused customers on our side. Would be great to get some feedback on this. 

@mrad  ?

fc_david
Tourist
3 0 3

When will this be fixed? This issue has been going on for a long time.

GabrielCro
Visitor
1 0 0

we are seeing this too

mrad
Shopify Staff (Retired)
63 10 15

Hey All! This issue has been looked into, a fix to ensure the order update webhook is fired on an order shipping address update is coming soon

mrad | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

wynd
14 0 0

We also have this issue.

wynd
14 0 0

Is there any update on this issue?

wNYC
Tourist
3 0 4

Regarding "Hey All! This issue has been looked into, a fix to ensure the order update webhook is fired on an order shipping address update is coming soon"

Can you please confirm - 

Has this fix been pushed? Thank you - 

TJ_Biddle
Excursionist
38 1 17

@mrad Any update on this? It was supposedly fixed back in 2017 but myself and others are still seeing this issue.

Rest API 2022-01. Using a private app. Other order edits are coming in fine. My store was created in 2015 or something, if that matters.

Edit: Oh - It works. I just expected this to be an Order EDIT not an Order Update. Don't order updates get called for a whole slew of things? There really should be a list, rather than trial and error experimentation.

davesgift_shop_
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi we are seeing the same issue - is there any update?