Orders API - Unable to download an order for a gift card only

RHansenEpimatic
1 0 0

As the subject states...  We are using the orders API to pull orders into Microsoft Dynamics Business Central.  This is working great...except it never includes orders that are for gift cards only.  I have run the JSON request URL through a browser trying every parameter I can think of...even wide open (just status=any) but no matter what, the string that is returned never includes orders that are for gift cards only.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Am I missing something obvious?

0 Likes
syf_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
86 19 15

Hi @RHansenEpimatic,

For a gift card order, once payment is captured, the order is archived. Making a request to the /orders.json endpoint, wouldn't include such orders; I ran into this while testing. However, once I added a status=any param, I was able to see my gift card orders. I can't think of any reason why you're still not getting gift card orders after using the status=any param. Could you provide me with an x-request-id (found in the response headers) of a query where you encounter this behaviour, and I would look into it.

Thanks,
Seth.

syf_ | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes