Orders REST API - Assigned Location ID

james148
Shopify Partner
13 0 12

I understand that we can obtain location id assigned by Shopify to an order line.

The issue is highly circuitous and requires multiple (assuming you're using REST) calls.  You then need to parse the response, find the order line and interleave the order line and fullfillment line objects. WHAT A PAIN!

It would be better and easier if the assigned location id (name/object possibly) were included on the order line object.

This would simplify ERP integrations or any fulfilment integration where an order and order lines are the key transaction/object. Orders-> Shipments -> Invoices

I know this has been requested before, but I am adding my own 2 pence.

Many Thanks

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1195 106 290

+1 on this, I think it's the most highly requested item is to simply have the assigned location ID in the line items object. Solves so many problems for so many users and developers.

Do you mind sharing the workaround you mentioned to extract the location ID the painful way?

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes