Orders posting without billing and shipping

jbutler-lf1
5 0 0

We are creating orders in Shopify using the Shopify ruby gem. 99% of the orders post fine but there are random orders that make it to Shopify with no billing or shipping address associated with it and this is causing issues with fulfillment. We are passing the addresses into call but they are not saved when the order is written in Shopify. I have reached out to Shopify to see if I could see how they received our post but I was told it wasnt possible. I am not able to reproduce this in a testing environment. Has anyone ever dealt with this?

0 Likes
jbutler-lf1
5 0 0

So it appears that if you pass a valid shipping address and an invalid billing address while creating an order, both addresses are ignored and there is no error returned.

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 86 163

Hey @jbutler-lf1,

Do you have any order id examples for orders created within the last week? If so, please send those along and I can check our logs to see what came through. As well, can you confirm which version of the gem you're using?

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes