Solved

Pagination broken in app proxy

Matt_Goodwin
Shopify Partner
54 1 70

After 1+ years without issue suddenly pagination of collections is broken in our app proxy.  We make an ajax request to our server and return a {% layout none %} liquid file that loops through products in a collection.  Up until now the for loop in the file rendered the appropriate page in the collection based on the ?page= querystring parameter as per the docs.  Now, however, no matter what the page querystring is set to, only the first page of the loop renders. 

I copy/pasted the code from the app proxy into the theme file, and interestingly enough the pagination worked.  This led me to believe it was an app proxy specific issue.  The cannonical_url in the app proxy shows that the ?page= part of the querystring is making it into the proxy file correctly. 

Please help!  A main part of our app is currently broken, and we haven't made any changes to our code!

Accepted Solution (1)

Matt_Goodwin
Shopify Partner
54 1 70

This is an accepted solution.

Looks like this bug has been squashed by Shopify!  I don't have confirmation from them on this, but things are working as expected now.

@S_Jones_UW are things cleared up on your end as well?

Thanks Shopify devs!

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

S_Jones_UW
Shopify Expert
42 0 9

Hi Matt, 

we too are experiencing the same issue and have reported it to Shopify support. I'll report back once we know more.

Order and Customer Tagger apps for Shopify
Matt_Goodwin
Shopify Partner
54 1 70

Thanks @S_Jones_UW.  Who did you contact at Shopify about this?  If you give me the details I can ping them to hopefully move this along.

Matt_Goodwin
Shopify Partner
54 1 70

This is an accepted solution.

Looks like this bug has been squashed by Shopify!  I don't have confirmation from them on this, but things are working as expected now.

@S_Jones_UW are things cleared up on your end as well?

Thanks Shopify devs!

S_Jones_UW
Shopify Expert
42 0 9

Hi @Matt_Goodwin - Yep, I can see that it is now working on our proxy pages. 

I have not received anything back from Shopify yet, but I'll let you know if they follow-up with any info as to why.

Glad it's working again, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Order and Customer Tagger apps for Shopify