Palpal checkout not shown in the shop langauge

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

We have a web shop setup with two languages

default language: Hungarian

second language: English

We use paypal a payment provider and if the frontend in Hungarian if we click on the paypal express checkout or default paypal pay option paypal is show in English.

As far as I know paypal set the language of the checkout based on the lang id which was sent when the paypal checkout was called -> https://www.paypal.com/fj/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-the-default-language-used-for-express-ch...

So we would like to get some help to know if this locale string is set by shopify when palpal is called?

Thank you in advance

Viktor @ Kamaranka.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
756 74 148

Hey there, @kamaranka 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

So when it comes to Shopify and PayPal Express, Shopify shares which language to use during checkout based on your store's checkout language. If your checkout language is set to Hungarian then our platform will try to detect the customer's location and browser settings to tell PayPal which language to show your customer. 

Shopify checks the following information to set the language preference:

• The customer's shipping address.
  • The country where the customer is located based on their IP address.

If the customer's details cannot be determined before the customer is sent to PayPal to check out, then PayPal will use your store address in your general settings to set the language that your customer sees during checkout.

I hope this answers your question, if not, please do let me know. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes