Pass through values

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

I need to create the ability for a customer to upgrade their original product to our premium product I have some questions that I haven't been able to find in documentation:

1. Is there a way to pass our db information to the checkout to create anything that can trigger a process to start the process on our internal app?
  2.  Is there a way to prevent non-basic  purchased users from being able to purchase this upgrade solely, particularly if there's no record in shopify?
  3. Could I get a little more clarification on the authorized processs? I'd like to make sure we trigger the process(1) only once a customer's payment has been authorized.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
924 122 130

Hey @theklr,

there a way to pass our db information to the checkout to create anything that can trigger a process to start the process on our internal app?

Can you please rephrase?

Is there a way to prevent non-basic  purchased users from being able to purchase this upgrade solely, particularly if there's no record in shopify?

One approach would be to tag the customer when they purchase the basic product, and then use liquid to show the upgrade if the user has the tag. Some things to keep in mind:

•  You could automate the tagging with webhooks
  • Hiding/showing with liquid should suffice, but a customer could still get around this, back it up with a webhook validating orders.
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

there a way to pass our db information to the checkout to create anything that can trigger a process to start the process on our internal app?

Can you please rephrase?

Sure,   we're  trying to pass explicit data from our database that notes that this associated account  that is  purchasing an upgrade is clear to buy it. with out it they would be wasting their time and our customer service team would have to manually issue refunds for now.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
924 122 130

Got it, thanks for clarifying! You could store this on Shopify's side by way of a customer tag, and if the customer is logged in use liquid to see if they're eligible. Something like this:

{% if customer and customer.tags contains 'some-tag' %}
  // Show add to cart button
{% endif %}
1 Like