Passing Historic Orders without activating SMS and email to customer

Excursionist
22 2 1

Hi there.  I am working on behalf of a client and want to pass (a lot) of historic orders held in a previous database over to their Shopify shop.  I have really struggled with the CSV Transporter App, but have found I can do this successfully via the API BUT when the order lands in Shopify, despite it having a date/time way in the past and being marked as fulfilled/paid etc and despite including

"send_receipt": false,
"send_fulfillment_receipt": false,

The customer still gets an SMS and an email as if the order had just been placed.  Does anyone know how I can stop this happening, as clearly it mustn't!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2000 82 1452

If you're doing this via the api and still seeing notifications, have you disabled the Storefront API from the private apps settings?

What was the issue with the transporter app?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Excursionist
22 2 1

I am about to finish for the day now but will be delighted to get your reply.

I have now disabled the storefront API from my app settings so when I am working again I will try again to send a historic order via the API.  If it doesn't send SMS and email notifications then I am home and dry and won't need the transporter app.

With the transporter app, I have been gradually uploading 20 customers and then their related orders.  The 20 customers go up fine.  Even though I am creating my order exports the exact same way, for some reason they then have to be loaded into Google sheets, the name column (first column) changed to 'no formatting' and then re-saved.  After this they will upload after a fashion, but so far not one has gone without errors.  Sometimes I can see from the error an adjustment I have to make but often they are '500 Server Errors', yet if I re-export the very same orders that failed with this error without making any changes, and then go through the 'load into Google sheets and save again', as described before, they upload without fault.

I need to get this working as there are tens of thousands of orders to go and currently it is not reliable enough to go for a big number, but if the API method can be used, then that will be no problem.  I'm working again Tuesday and will be delighted to see whatever you have replied here :) 

0 Likes