Paybox Direct 3D secure implementation on Shopify

Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 1

Hi all, 

As advised by shopify chat support, I'll post here as there might be some resourceful people that might have encountered the same issue. 

Our client chose paybox direct because it was the only gateway compatible with their existing bank (French bank) - As paybox was a shopify approved gateway we figured it'd be nice and easy to integrate them.  https://www.shopify.ca/payment-gateways/france

Wrong. 

Well, the integration itself was indeed easy (login and password to fill in) but the features are not there. 3D secure for instance is not yet supported by Shopify where Paybox support team tells me they've been supporting it for years. 

I've got the integration documentation from paybox' support 

http://www1.paybox.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/ManuelIntegrationVerifone_RemoteMPI_V8.0_FR.pdf

They mention that in order to support 3D secure, the payment should go through  remotempi.cgi 

How can we achieve this ? Is Shopify actively working on integrating 3D secure with paybox direct as it is required by european regulation ? 

If anyone could advise of a gateway that works in France and support 3D secure (apart from Stripe) 

Thanks 

Michael 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
366 49 56

Hey Michael,

It looks like they (Paybox) are in the process of adding it to Active Merchant. It might be worth pinging the author to follow up.

0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 1

Hey @scottydont 

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The issue here is not that they don't support 3D Secure, they do (for the longest time) using other integrations such as prestashop or woocommerce. 

The idea of using Saas like Shopify is that the integration needs to be done only once by Shopify for all of its clients. Apparently here, that's not the case. 

Please escalate to your devs so they can be working on it. French market is an important market and not everybody is willing to pay Stripe 1.4% commission. 

Thanks 

0 Likes