Payout API?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
115 0 6

Is there someway to access payout information through the API?

I need sales tax information for each payout, but Shopify doesn't offer this. So I was going to write a small app that would look at the payout's transactions and grab the info it needs, then spit out a csv with the information I need, but I can't find anyway to programatically aquire info on payouts.

Anyone able to help with this?

I noticed the Quickbooks Online app accesses payout information somehow. So it has to be possible.

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
1622 47 149

Easiest way if savvy is grab it from the admin via scraping,  there's no offiical endpoint.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
1 Like
Shopify Expert
2000 80 1449

Please don't make an app to scrape data from the Admin. App devs are phohibited from bypassing the API to automate function like this. It would be a quick way to get your app pulled, or partner account disabled. Talk to your partner manager for more info here, but scraping is not a method I would recommend.

@Halley - Do note that the Quickbooks Online App is developed by Shopify. As such the app may have access to data that other external ones don't. You may have to use a collation of the available order data to produce something similar (albeit potentially less accurate).

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1622 47 149

App devs are phohibited from bypassing the API to automate function like this. 

Right , so Halley Carleton my statement was assuming private usage not an app offering. Though maybe that's been clarified too? So yeah make contact.

Jason, have there been any prohibition statements towards private manipulation of the admin? the partner terms are pretty specific about what an app developer is by way of distribution.

I hope not that would affect alot of automation tools like extensions and shopifyfd.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
115 0 6

Thanks @Jason. I hadn't noticed that the Quickbooks app was developed by Shopify. That explains how they have access to the private API.

You may have to use a collation of the available order data to produce something similar

That is what I was going to do, but this is for a businesses taxes, it can't be inaccurate. They use Shopify Payments and PayPal for their gateways and need separate tax info for each.

The problem is that payouts don't cover a specific period of time. There's no way to know what transactions are included in a specific payout. Even if the user gave me the order numbers I would still have no way of knowing if all of that order's transactions are included(i.e. refunds).

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

Has there been a change and there is an official Payour API now? Please advise if so and provide a reference to such API if possible. It would be great since merchants want to recocile Shopify payouts / bank deposits and close out open A/Rs.

Thanks

Basang M. | email: basang[at]novamodule.com
1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks

Basang M. | email: basang[at]novamodule.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 4

How do we get access to the Private API that other Shopify reps keep alluding to? Is that like a pay-to-play model? Only the big companies with the deep pockets get access to the Private API?

Or can we ask nicely and get access?

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue? Is there any way that we can build payout report using the combination of orders and/or other APIs?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 9

This still seems to be missing from the API. Has anyone figured out a reasonable way to get Payout data?

0 Likes