Payouts Query `access denied` Issue

3 0 0

WHEN

fetching payouts data getting `access denied` Error. (Either via REST or GraphQL API)

Details:
Store type - development store.
Access scopes -
App has been granted `read_shopify_payments_payouts` and `read_shopify_payments_disputes`.

In doc mentioned, that for being able to fetch payouts data, your app need to be granted `read_shopify_payments` [link](https://help.shopify.com/en/api/graphql-admin-api/reference/object/shopifypaymentsaccount?api[versio...), but looks like its a typo, as we don’t have such scope [link to the access scopes list](https://help.shopify.com/en/api/getting-started/authentication/oauth/scopes) , also when we try to use this scope name in auth process we getting an error, I assume it means `read_shopify_payments_payouts` scope (which, as mentioned, was granted).

Query:

shopifyPaymentsAccount {
      payouts(first: 10) {
        pageInfo {
          hasNextPage
          hasPreviousPage
        }
        edges {
          cursor
          node {
            id
            status
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }

Also tried to fetch this data from `shop.shopifyPaymentsAccount`,- facing the same error.

P.S. Successfully fetching data related to other granted scopes (orders, customers, products).

I will be glad to get help or any ideas ab. this issue.

Just a thought, - Can it be related to the fact that development stores, which I'm working with, don't have Shopify Payments and payouts data as well?

0 Likes
3 0 0

Update:

I've created managed store with `Shopify payments` enaibled.

Bought product and got 1 pending payout. - In the admin, if you navigate to Payment Providers > Shopify Payments, there’s a button to ‘View Payouts’. I can see the payout pending there, detailing the transactions, and card fees.

Tried to fetch payouts data:

1. via REST api - got success (200) response with an empty `payouts` array, which as I believe expected untill payout will actually happened.

2. via GraphQL api - still getting `access denied` back, - I've tried fetching `shopifyPaymentsAccount` from QueryRoot as well as from `shop.shopifyPaymentsAccount` (which is deprecated, but I've given it a chance). Checked `headers`, - all good there. Tried to fetch another data, for which app has granted persmission, - all good there as well.

Does someone has any ideas why we are facing this error when using GraphQL api?

Will appreciate any feedback

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
121 14 14

Hey @azhmakin,

Thanks for providing these details. I've tested from my end and can confirm that Shopify Payments payouts aren't currently accessible through the GraphQL API despite having granted the necessary scopes. I've raised this issue with our developers who will be investigating further, and I'll post back here as soon as I have an update.

In the meantime, I've confirmed that payout details can be accessed through the REST API using the `/admin/api/2019-10/shopify_payments/payouts.json` endpoint.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @_JB .

Thank you for response.

Please, keep me posted with updates.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes