Possible bug: get fulfillments returns empty array

Highlighted
Excursionist
27 1 0

I have a "Fulfillment service" registered on a store and when an order is placed the "Fulfillment order" should be created automatically by shopify. The Fulfillment Order should have fulfillment service as our app "aihello-smart-fulfillment" which is correct and the fulfillment status should be "pending". However this fulfillment status is null.

And when we query the order for fulfillments, shopify api returns an empty array.

The order is unfulfilled and it's handled exclusively by the the fulfillment service.

Hopefully, this is not a side-effect of the new api release with versioning

AiHello.com: Smart Fulfillment for your ecommerce platform.
0 Likes
Excursionist
27 1 0

@Zameer  Please help on this. I tried live chat help and they referred me back to the forums

AiHello.com: Smart Fulfillment for your ecommerce platform.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
297 32 61

Hey there,

I think there's some slight confusion in terms of which object properties you're looking at and also what Shopify does and does not do automatically in regards to fulfillments.

Whether or not fulfillments are created automatically after an order is placed depends entirely on the shop's configuration. There is an option in the Checkout settings in the Admin where this can be configured. If it's not set to automatic fulfillment, then the merchant must select "Request fulfillment" on the order before Shopify creates a fulfillment.

Once the fulfillment is created, the status on the fulfillment is set to "pending". As documented here, you should subscribe to the 'fulfillments/create' webhook which will fire at this time. You then need to make a request to complete the fulfillment which will then set the `status` on the fulfillment to `success` (barring any errors) and the `fulfillment_status` on the Order and LineItems to `fulfilled`.

0 Likes