Possible to automate exports of monthly revenue numbers to quickbooks for invoicing purposes?

CollectiveMktg
1 0 0

Is there any way to integrate Shopify with Quickbooks such that I can automate monthly invoices based on a percentage of a Shopify store's monthly revenue? I've tried looking in both Shopify's and Quickbook's libraries of apps, and I've looked at Zapier and Automate.io and haven't found anything suitable. I'm wondering whether I've missed an app or 3rd party integration that does this, or if it's possible for me to write something of my own to do it.

The basic steps that I'm thinking of would be to pull the previous month's revenue export on the 1st of each month, transfer the data from that report to a Google/Excel sheet, SQL database, or something, sum the total revenue and multiply it by a fixed percentage, import the new number to a new invoice in Quickbooks, and send it to a Quickbooks customer based on the Shopify store ID.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Anto_S
Excursionist
51 1 7

Hey @CollectiveMktg 

Happy to set this up for you, please email me at anto@opstack.co

cheers

Anto

0 Likes
CourtneyMiller
Excursionist
66 1 3

Hi @CollectiveMktg 

Could you provide more information on why Zapier didn't work out for your Shopify store?

0 Likes
RBetterReports
8 0 0

Hi @CollectiveMktg,

Rishika here from Better Reports support team.

I believe our app Better Reports will be able to help here. We can create a report that shows sales for the previous month. We can also schedule this report to be sent automatically to your google drive (on the 1st of every month) where we can set up the fixed percentage calculation. You can then import the sheet to Quickbooks.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial, and I'll be happy to set this up for you. 

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

0 Likes