Private App Sample URL not returing orders

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi,

I have a client whose Sample URL is not returning order content when using the following permissions configuration which has always been successful:

PERMISSION

SETTING

Customer

Read and write

Fulfillment services

Read and write

Inventory

Read and write

Locations

Read access

Orders

Read and write

Products

Read and write

Thinking that there might be some additional permission that I was missing, I opened up every permission to the highest available.  The results were the same; the call from the browser returns an empty JSON array.  There are are many good recent orders in the system, so it's not an issue with the '60 day' visibility constraint.

I did notice, that after configuration, there was a permission called 'View All Orders' that had a value of 'Not Accessible' the could not be edited.  I do not remember seeing this permission configuration during the creation of the Private App.

If anyone could shed some light on what I may be missing to enable these reads, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
582 71 127

Hey @swheeler,

Can you kindly provide the X-Request-ID value from the response headers of one of your calls? You can also provide the shop_id, private app id (found in the URL in the admin), and an approximate timeframe from when you made your calls. I can use this to check our logs and hopefully get more information about the empty response. 

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi @_JB,

Thank you for responding. 

In re-configuring the Private App to capture the information you requested, the call for orders with parameters specified ("?limit=50&status=any&created_at_min=") returned content. 

Historically, the sample URL itself would return default content when entered into the browser without any parameters.  That doesn't seem to be the case today as the same base URL used above returns an empty array when entered into the browser.  Perhaps something has changed with respect to how version 2020-04 needs to be called?

My apologies for leading you on a wild goose chase.

Scott

0 Likes