Problem on attaching images to a product

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to attach images to a product, passing public image URL as the "src" parameter.

When I try to attach, let's say, 10 images, the API call returns with 200 code and the properly json response...But the strange thing is that, instead of 10 images as in the request, often I have only 8 or 9 images in the response, and the missing images change every time that I run the same call.

What this can depend on?  Could it be a timeout from Shopify's internal download of the image? And why the API call returns a 200 code also if a problem was encountered?

Hope that someone could explain me this problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 1 6

Hey @Marco_Guiducci ,

Realize this post is from a long time ago-- any chance you figured out what was going on here?

We're running into the same issue.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @Conner, did you manage to solve this issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 1 6

@Creatively Apologies on the late response. We ultimately ceased any image manipulation when creating/updating products and separated out image handling to its own feed (using the Product Image endpoints). That resolved the issue. Previously, we were attempting to update as much as possible on the product in one go.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
539 38 110

That's exactly what I wound up doing. I had to break out my routine into a two-step process of API requests --- 1) create the product, then 2) upload the images. This seemed to have better success and more consistent results.

0 Likes