Problem with Build a Shopify App with Node and React

martinduo
1 0 0

I just started with Shopify and I'm doing the tutorial Build a Shopify App with Node and React. But running this command causes this error:

npm install --save koa @Shopify/koa-shopify-auth dotenv koa-session isomorphic-fetch
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall rename
npm ERR! path C:\Users\Bruce\Dropbox\Code\Shopify\sample-embedded-app\node_modules\content-disposition
npm ERR! dest C:\Users\Bruce\Dropbox\Code\Shopify\sample-embedded-app\node_modules\.content-disposition.DELETE
npm ERR! errno -4058
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename 'C:\Users\Bruce\Dropbox\Code\Shopify\sample-embedded-app\node_modules\content-disposition' -> 'C:\Users\Bruce\Dropbox\Code\Shopify\sample-embedded-app\node_modules\.content-disposition.DELETE'
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoentnpm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! C:\Users\Bruce\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2020-10-29T20_55_49_686Z-debug.log

I tried manually adding the folder "content-disposition", but got the same error.

0 Likes
djevox
Tourist
5 0 1

This is more for anyone else who searches because I'm guessing the OP isn't watching this anymore. Since the error mentions that a file wasn't found, it's usually the package.json not found if errors occur when using "npm install". The debug log that's also mentioned in the error will show the file not found. Cd to the project directory and rerun the installs if that is the case.

0 Likes