Problem with endless redirects when installing apps on new development stores

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have an app that is in development.  This app is installed on an existing development store and works fine.  If I create a new development store, and try to add the app, it will install, but get stuck in a redirect loop when it tries to navigate to the app's ui.  As part of the redirect loop, there is a screen that says:

Enable Cookies

You must manually enable cookies in this browser to use this app within shopify

This happens in Chrome, Firefox and safari.

If I enable "Allow all cookies" in chrome then everything works fine.  Should apps work if the browser setting is set to "Block 3rd party cookies"?  If this is a requirement why does it work fine in my original development store?

I have read that this can happen if you don't have your session configured correctly.  As per the sample apps mine is configured like:

server.use(session({ sameSite: 'none', secure: true }, server));

If you want to see this behaviour, you can see the same thing with the provided graphiql app that shopify app provides.

https://shopify-graphiql-app.shopifycloud.com/login

If you use this url to install the graphiql app into an older store, it will work.  If you create a new development store, it will get stuck in a redirect loop.  Has something change with new stores?

0 Likes