Processing errors after productCreateMedia

David_Friedman2
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

We have created product images with GraphQL productCreateMedia for about 10,000 products successfully, but around 100 are failing and have a consistent, but baffling (to us!) error.

As an example, we have a product with 10 images. After creating them, when we query the product media, most of the images return a node like the following:

'node': {'mediaContentType': 'IMAGE', 'mediaErrors': [{'code': 'UNKNOWN', 'details': 'Validation failed: Exceeded maximum of 250 images allowed', 'message': 'Media processing failed'}

We have deleted all of the images, ensuring that we are not exceeding the 250 limit, but the error consistently appears.

What is stranger is that the product dashboard in Shopify shows the images thumbnails correctly after creation, but also a different error:

Screenshot from 2021-03-24 12-41-30.png

Again, these are images, not YouTube videos. We have verified that the source URLs return the correct image mimetype, have image suffixes like .jpg, etc.

Any idea what could be causing this?

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
834 98 188

Hey @David_Friedman2,

Definitely seems strange. Can you confirm these images are hosted directly on the URL, rather than something like Google Drive or Imgur? If you can provide the X-Request-ID value from the response header of your GraphQL call, I can use that to check our logs for more details.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
David_Friedman2
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hey @_JB ,

Thanks for the follow up. In the end, we wound up simply deleting the products and then recreating, which worked. So, there definitely was not an issue with the images or our calls, since we didn't alter the source locations or any code on our side. Somehow the products on Shopify's end found themselves in a funky state that no longer could accept images correctly.

At this point, since we were able to successfully recreate all of the products and have had no further issues, I'm honestly not sure it's worth it for us to dig through logs to find the request IDs.

0 Likes