Product Import From ERP into Shopify Not Mapping Over Correct Fields & Collections

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey guys, I am currently having an issue importing my products and their categories into Shopify from my 3rd party ERP system. We have 1200 products that are individualized SKUs (1-1200) on our backend of the ERP system and use a master product Style ID to assign shoes to their collections/categories once imported into Shopify. Our backend ERP does not support matrix/variant SKUs which is why we had to individualize our SKUs and try to recreate them on Shopify's backend. We attempted to import one of our products yesterday prior to importing all of them and removing all the current Shopify products as a test and it did not work as intended. The product was correctly pushed from our ERP system into Shopify, but all of the collections/categories, quantities, Unit Cost, and size fields were not mapped over correctly. Some of the product fields mapped over, but there is still a ton of necessary info missing. I could really use your assistance as this issue is very urgent because we are planning to launch our store in a week and have other software being built that is contingent on this coming into Shopify correctly. The software developer troubleshooting this with me believes it could have something to do with Shopify's limits on the number of collections or API calls, do you have any? Any and all help would be great as this is a VERY big emergency as we intend to launch - thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 1 1

Hi, Vesta eCommerce’s automated product data solution should be able to help with this. www.vesta.us 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
129 15 19

Hey @sneakerguy101 

We do have rate limits on our API calls which you can find here. This is a bit difficult to troubleshoot without seeing the API calls but you may be interested in talking to a Shopify Expert to help with the transition. 

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes