Product List cursor pagination failure

Solved
Excursionist
12 2 0

I am trying to update to the 2019-07 version of the API to synch our clients products with our WMS system.  I have a test bench and I have the request set to "limit=10" so I can test the cursor functionality. I am able to pull the "next" link out of the header and make a second call, but when I get the response back from the second call and try to make a third call it times out if I have a timeout set, and never seems to return if I don't set a timeout for the call.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1546 77 231

Could you provide an X-Request-Id response header value from the last response you received leading up to this? I can use that to check out some logs on our end.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Excursionist
12 2 0

The first request returned the X-Request-ID: b62270c1-3a2d-40be-868d-3dac1e0fc454

The secoond call returned the X-Request-ID: 0c59f58e-9084-4818-9478-66a536f418b0

Those requests were made around 11:30 AM Mountain time on 09/16/2019.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
7 0 0

Looking at those requests, and the ones that timed out around the same time, it looks like when run again they are nice and fast. It could be that when they were run initially our database was under high load which has since cleared up. Are you finding that after the first page, any pages are consistently timing out? Or a high proportion of them timing out?

0 Likes
Excursionist
12 2 0

Every time I try to get the third page it times out.  I have tried it at all hours of the day and it always times out on the third call.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
7 0 0

Do you have any request ids of requests that timed out?

0 Likes
Excursionist
12 2 0

Is this something that I would define in the request or something that would be returned in the headers?

I have submitted the trace from my test application to Kristine Angeles at Support@shopify.com.  That trace contains the calls to the API and the returned headers for the calls.  There are no headers for the call that failed because it timed out and no response was received.

Gary

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
7 0 0

I'm trying to reproduce it but it's working for me on the first three pages, and further along. You said it's timing out in your app. Does the same thing happen if you make the requests from your browser?

0 Likes
Excursionist
12 2 0

I have been able to get a third and fourth request to go through using Postman.  I have tried duplicating the header information set by Postman in my test application but have not been able to get the third response back.  What are you using to test that gets the third and fourth responses?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
7 0 0

I've been using both straight requests in Chrome (using the network inspector to see the response headers and get the next page link), and with https://insomnia.rest/ 

0 Likes