Product Supplier SKU and Shop SKU

4 0 0

I can't find an answer to this question anywhere in the forum.

I use my supplier's SKU in each products SKU field however I want to create my own SKU as I will be putting in on the product labels for easy POS identification and don't want my customers to see the supplier's SKU.  

How can I add an additional SKU field for each product without paying for an expensive app?  I installed the Metafields Guru app but it looks like I would need to create a field for each individual product.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
195 28 50

Hi - could you clarify what you are trying to do, as I'm a bit unclear?

Reason for confusion is that:

a) you are in the API section of this forum (which is fine) but I don't think your referring to doing this via the API

b) metafields don't show on the Shopify POS, so is that the POS you are referring to or am I misunderstanding entirely

c) do you need to use/create a field that you can see on the Shopify POS

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Jon, I don't need to see the field in the POS, just in Shopify itself so when placing an order with a supplier I know their SKU for the product.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
195 28 50
OK. And your SKU, what are you trying to achieve with that? Also, are you using barcode field?
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
No I'm not using the barcode field but I sync with eBay and won't that
cause a problem in eBay if I put my own barcode there?
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
195 28 50

Hi - yes if you are syncing to eBay then best not to use the barcode field. Sounds like a metafield is your best way to go here.

You can create metafileds without an app by using a bit of a frig of the bulk editor, have a read of this to see how https://www.sunbowlsystems.com/blogs/how-to/metafields-in-shopify-without-using-an-app

Hope that gives you what you want.

0 Likes