Product Visibility on Extra Sales Channels

Highlighted
1 0 13

I've been working on loading some products into Shopify using the API. I'm having a hard time setting the product data so that items are visible on the online store, POS, and Pinterest.

Setting a published_scope of 'global' sets it visible on the online store and POS, but not Pinterest. I've also tried adding "pinterest" and similar values to the published_scope but that doesn't seem to help.

Can you offer any guidance or references here? Is is possible to set product visibility on these additional sales channels through the API?

13 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 47

Hi there,

My name is Anne, on the Guru team. Thanks so much for getting in touch with us!

I have been investigating this for another merchant and saw your query here :) I just wanted to let you know, it is only possible to set product visibility through the API for the Online Store Channel. 

I will be making a feature request for this and you are welcome to add your voice here as well- https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/feature-requests-here-52781

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Anne :)

2 Likes
2 0 3

We are looking for this functionality as well (setting visible on Pinterest via the API).  Is there a way to upvote a feature request, or keep tabs on it's status?  

Thanks,

Mark

3 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 47

Hi Mark,

Thanks so much for your input, it is much appreciated! I have added your storename to this Open feature request, which is the status available to us right now!  The best way to upvote a feature request is via the link above, or by emailing us at support@shopify.com :)

Warm regards,

Anne

0 Likes
Not applicable
704 0 56

I'd like to see this feature as well!! The link to upvote isn't working though sadly.

The API would be especially helpful for this since I don't want every product on Facebook, but having them all on Pinterest would be great. Thank you!

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi there,

Are you saying you're able to set the visibility of a product on Facebook through API? That's something I couldn't find out how to do.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 47

Hi there,

I just wanted to share a tool that some of you may not know of and are very welcome to do is use!

The BULK EDITOR will let you update visibility, which you can find in products/ export/ start editing your products

You can also filter your products before using the bulk editor!

And then use the editor to Toggle products on and off for differnet channels as you need to

I hope that helps!

Anne :)

2 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
531 0 88

Hey all,

I would suggest following the above tutorial posted by Anne in order to set product visibilty in bulk.

Just to clarify, the current behaviour of the API is to publish only on online store and point-of-sale when setting 'published_scope: global'. We are currently exploring a solution for setting product visibility through the API.

Cheers,

Jamie
Developer Support

4 Likes
1 0 4

+1 on this request.

Would be awesome if it worked something like published_scope : {'pintrest':'visible', 'buy_button':visible, 'new_awesome_shopify_channel':'visible', 'web':'hidden'}

This is espeically helpful when doing user specific products.  

4 Likes
Shopify Partner
36 0 26

Hi Jamie

Glad to hear an API solution is on the way. Any ETA on when it will be ready to use?

Quite a few of us developers have been requesting this feature to update visibility by channel for over a year now since our customers want this solution. 

See https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-apis-and-technology/t/published_scope-doesn-t-display-correc...

4 Likes