Product Visibility on Extra Sales Channels

2 0 3

+ 1

We really need to be able to add products with the API that are visible in the Buy Button channel.

3 Likes
1 0 3

+1

The lack of this functionality makes it very cumbersome to integrate Shopify with existing websites.

3 Likes
Excursionist
52 0 10

Anne M that link doesn't work.

I will be making a feature request for this and you are welcome to add your voice here as well- https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/feature-requests-here-52781

I hope this helps!

Stay Cool... with Shopify. -Brian
1 Like
2 0 1

I'm working with a new client and we've been integrating their website with Shopify. We'll be bulk loading around 50,000 products via the API - and only just discovered we're unable to publish for the Buy Button?

If not via the API - is there a way to set a default so that all products are published automatically? It's not feasible to maintain our product catalogue via the web interface as changes happen hourly.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
115 0 7

Any news on this?

I have a client that would like to start selling on pinterest and facebook but they have more products than is reasonable to update manually, even with the "bulk edit" tool.

0 Likes
2 0 1

Same here, we accidently uploaded 8k products to facebook and now we need to manually unclick it in the bulk editor. very painful

1 Like
6 0 0

You are so awesome!  Solved my problem!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 3

Hello,

I've found a great way (hacky way - shopify admin use this), to make products visible via api on other sales channel. The trick is to find the channel id of your custom sales channel. To do this, first create a custom collection and then open the chrome developer console. And toggle the sales channel visibility and see the network tab to mark the channel id. 

And finally using the api (I'm using nodejs api module). add this rule in any collection or products you want to visible :

publications: [
       {
           published: true,
           channel_id: 91741450
       }
 ]

Another way (and easy way to find channel id). On collection tab of shopify admin, open the chrome dev console and click on elements tab. Now search for `channel_id`, you'll see the form data like this:

<input type="hidden" name="collection[publications][][channel_id]" id="collection_publications__channel_id" value="9174343">

3 Likes
Tourist
9 0 5

Thanks for the post Vikas. Do you know how to find the channel_id of a buy-button sales channel?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Does this seem to work for anyone still? I tried adding (with node.js as well) the publications array to the product payload and doesn't seem to be working, my product still shows "Hidden on Mobile App" 

0 Likes