Product api create duplicate product

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 0

Hi, I am using shopify product POST api to upload multiple products to my shopify store . But sometimes for some products single API create two products with same data. This is causing duplicacy of products on store.

https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/products/product#create-2019-07

Any solution to this ?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello 
Looks problem is related to hardcoded/constent request payload.
Cross check your API code.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

What do you mean by hardcoded/consent request? I am also noticing when we add or update products via the api they sometimes duplicate.

According to the coding, it should only go in once....

0 Likes
Highlighted

It means code in your file is repeated.

Hardcoded means static code or it will not change when your API request.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

The call to the api is only being made once in the coding, but some items are still going in as duplicates. I noticed one of the items is showing an sku but the duplicate is not.

Any other ideas why this would happen?

0 Likes