Product deletion webhook not working at all

2 0 0

We are facing the same problem: Delete Product Webhooks not working. Sending a test Webhooks from the settings/notifications panel works but also not always or delayed. Please let me know if you need anything from us to help debug, happy to send headers or paste requests here. This is a critical issues, clients freak out since products can't be deleted or they have to log into another system to delete by hand. Please advise!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
46 0 2

I'm also experiencing the same problem.

product/delete webhook create through API but when bulk deleting products in admin, webhook doesn't fire.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
46 0 2

Right i've done some debugging and it appears the webhooks don't get fired for product/delete when the product has images.

Steps to reproduce:

All steps are done through Shopify admin.

1). create a product, upload an image for it

2). duplicate product numerous times, make sure images are copied over

3). bulk delete duplicated products

Delete webhook doesn't fire.

Try above steps but without an image. Delete webhook fires.

1 Like
1 0 0

Y have the same issue with the same behave.

and sometimes the delete webhook triggers but it didn't have any payload

0 Likes
1 0 1

We are experiencing this as well.  Tested manually deleting products from the dashboard with image vs no image and no image seemed to fire fine.

1 Like
1 0 1

This issue has persisted for 3 straight weeks and it's costing us a lot of money because we run an auction app that our customers are accustomed to using weekly! Please fix asap.

1 Like
1 0 0

Hi Alex,

Some of our clients complain that product deletions are not reflected in our app (https://apps.shopify.com/searchanise). We managed to reproduce the issue in our dev store and found out the following: If a deleted product has an image, we don’t receive the necessary webhook. The products are deleted manually or through Shopify API. When it’s done this way, we don’t receive product delete hooks.

We are looking forward for this bug to be fixed as soon as possible. Database consistency is crucial for our app.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Any progress on this one, it has been weeks and its a major flaw to our app.

0 Likes
2 0 0

I'm wondering the same thing, I posted a while ago and we don't hear anything back. Any news?

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Any news on this product deletion webhook issue?

It seems the notification webhooks still not receiving the product/delete event.

0 Likes