Product deletion webhook not working at all

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 6

Hello everyone!

Looks like products/delete webhook not working at all. I can't receive any notifications on my server, in advance

update/create webhooks are perfectly fine. I'm not alone with this problem though, here is a topic with almost the same problem (but in my case even on the page of product listing it's not working).

Best regards,

Vadim.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 282

If you can replicate, would you mind providing me with a shop ID and a time frame in which you did so? A request ID will work too in the event that you make a DELETE request to a product.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 6

Store - test-store-min.myshopify.com (or x-shopid: 5267456074 from the headers)

x-request-id: 0a38d026-1cf5-49cc-b882-669197c6c939
x-shopify-api-version: unstable

Please let me know if you need more information from the headers.

Request payload - 
{"operationName":"DeleteProduct","variables":{"product":{"id":"gid://shopify/Product/4152400281674"}},"query":"mutation DeleteProduct($product: ProductDeleteInput!) {\n  productDelete(input: $product) {\n    userErrors {\n      field\n      message\n      __typename\n    }\n    __typename\n  }\n}\n"}

Response from the server - 

{"data":{"productDelete":{"userErrors":[],"__typename":"ProductDeletePayload"}},"extensions":{"cost":{"requestedQueryCost":10,"actualQueryCost":10,"throttleStatus":{"maximumAvailable":5000.0,"currentlyAvailable":4990,"restoreRate":250.0}}}}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 6

In advance, want to ensure you that "Send test notification" button works fine, I received it well.

But when it goes to the real products, it's not coming to my server.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 0

I have the same issue, any updates here?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 282

Updated - See Below

Thanks for the information. It seems like productDelete calls to the GraphQL Admin API without a version does not trigger products/delete webhooks, which I would consider a bug. I'll report this internally.

In the meantime, I saw success in either making a REST call for product deletion or, more preferably, adding a version to my GraphQL call. As an example:

POST /admin/api/2019-07/graphql.json

Rather than:

POST /admin/api/graphql.json

@Kolby1 - can you confirm that you are also making non-version-explicit GraphQL Admin API calls for product deletion?

Cheers.

Update

Wait, it looks like the example call was made by the Admin. Was this done through the Admin interface @Vadim1?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 6

Hi Alex, the problem is that I made this request using the admin page (/admin), and gave you all the information from the Network tab using f12 key. I did not make a request in the code.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 282

@Vadim1 Yes perfect thank you, I just realized that at the same time you posted. I'll still keep you posted.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 0
Yes, I created the webhook via admin as well and I’m deleting products manually.
0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm having this issue too.

Subscribed to products/delete webhook using  REST API.

When removing products from shopify admin manually it doesn't work.

Other webhooks work well.

0 Likes