Product update webhook not firing

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 5

I'm working on something that will ideally catch the webhook for when a product is updated, find the corresponding product on eBay and update the quantity of that listing to match the new quantity of the Shopify product. However it doesn't look like the webhook is firing when I change the quantity. Any idea on this? I also have the product listing update webhook setup, what's the difference between the two?

thanks

1 Like
Excursionist
33 0 6

How are you changing the quantity?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
30 0 5

Hi, thanks for the reply

I've tested updating the inventory quantity manually by going to the product page, changing it, and pressing save, and I've tested it by creating a test order which should decrement the quantity (the inventory management on this product is set to Shopify). Neither action has triggered the webhook, however changing the title seems to, but changing the price doesn't. Besides this everything that I have works fine, when I change the quantity and the title my script handles it exactly how I want it to so you can understand my frustration.

0 Likes
Excursionist
33 0 6

Amen Adam - I share your frustration!

I wish I had good news for you but there are a handful of posts in this forum around the issue: this one and this one stand out.

From what I can tell, it is a bug and has been for some time; though someone from my team insists it was working as you expected it to back in November ?.

Not much we can do but wait and see if some of the Shopifolk can provide input on the issue...

1 Like