Products don't automatically getting enabled for unlisted sales channel

Highlighted
5 0 0

My company recently got approved by Shopify for an unlisted sales channel app. After approval, we started noticing a problem that was not happening in the draft version prior to approval. When a merchant enables products for their online store and then installs and connects out sales channel their products are not automatically available to the channel. In the products admin console they see Unavailable on ChannelName and they have to manually make products available to our channel. Some merchants have 100s of products and this is tedious.  Whereas in the dev version of our app i noticed that products are automatically available as long as they are enabled for the online store. I looked at other sales channels FB,Pinterest AND Google and noticed that products are automatically available as long as they are enabled for the online store. Why are products not becoming available automatically? Is this something to do with being an unlisted sales channel?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

This is in continuation to the question above. This time i’m adding screenshots of the problem by reproducing it on a test store

This store has 3 products that are all available to the online store

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 2.47.52 PM.png

I then install the Pinterest App and see that the products are automatically available to Pinterest immediately. Same is the case when i install any other sales-channel

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 2.48.48 PM.png

But now I install our unlisted sales channel “Maven Messenger” but see products are unavailable to the channel. Can anyone explain why this would happen? and How to fix it? I expected the products to be automatically available.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 2.48.53 PM.png

Please Note: This does not happen in our development environment. We have clients who have 100’s of products and don’t want to make products manually available to our channel. We would really appreciate a solution

0 Likes