Pulling products into my store from a supplier's API

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Apologies if this has been asked and answered but I couldn't find anything in my search of this forum. 

I have a supplier who doesn't want to send CSV files, and would prefer I pull / update products from his product API. How would I go about this? Is there relevant documentation that anyone can point me to?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9926 103 1765

Hey Steve,

You'd be looking at making a connector between the Shopify API and the supplier API. The code would live on your own server (whatever that may be) and import the info from the suppler, and add / update the products on Shopify side. That's a simplistic explanation of course!

Shopify has documentation available to get you started on that end. I assume that the supplier has docs on theirs. Here is the Shopify docs:

Now if you're not experienced in writing the code to do this sort of thing you might want to hire in some help. Shopify Experts can be a good place to start if you don't have someone in mind.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9 0 0

Hello Steve,

Have gone through your requirements and we are able to help you on this if you do not have much experience. 

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks 

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
123 0 4

Dear Steve,

If you need to develop the solution to transer your shopify orders to supplier API, please contact me with the the supplier's API integration guide.

I have already done this with few suppliers so I can do it quickly.

Rohit

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9926 103 1765

@John and @ecomshore: This post is asking about "how" or documentation. This is not the place to be trying to solicit work especially since neither of you offered any actual help. The only place that is cool is on the dedicated job board.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
123 0 4

Thanks for pointing it out. Will take care of it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Thanks for the replies. We have some in-house dev guys, and I'm just looking to get them a bit of info so they can figure out how many man-hours to get it going. 

Cheers,

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Rohit, 

I would like to get this done for my store. How do I contact you? 

Best regards

Hamza

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 2 1

My readme covers transfering products, my htmlHelper or kitGL has a CSV parser you could hook up and Haxe has reasonably good stuff for reading XML feeds.
I have not used the code for over a year, but I added Documentation today which atleast checks all the code compiles properly but not against Shopify.
https://github.com/nanjizal/hxTShopify/

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Steve, 

Did you manage to do this? 

Best regards

Hamza

0 Likes