Push Fulfillment tracking number Api.

Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Hi,
I am facing issue with the sent tracking number into Shopify.

I am using https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/shipping-and-fulfillment/fulfillment  "Fulfill an order using a non-supported tracking company without a tracking URL (generates best guess URL if the number matches the recognizable pattern)" this API.
When I hit this API then we get the response "base - Line items are already fulfilled" and tracking # not set on it
Guide me how to resolve this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
644 78 141

Hey @Agha,

It sounds like you're attempting to create a fulfillment for line_items that are already fulfilled. If that's the case and you want to update the tracking number, you'll need to send a PUT to /admin/api/2019-10/orders/#{order_id}/fulfillments/#{fulfillment_id}.json to update the existing fulfillment with your tracking number. More information is available in our API documentation here.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Hi @_JB,
Thanks for you Response.

PUT to /admin/api/2019-10/orders/#{order_id}/fulfillments/#{fulfillment_id}.json. This API is set the tracking against the whole fulfillment.
I want to set the tracking against there item.
like if an unfulfilled order has 2 items and somehow these items have their own trackings so how we set tracking against this item.

0 Likes