Query about a custom shopify payment setup in a store and publish that app

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hello Support,

I want to give an option of a custom payment on cart page, suppose a button on cart page saying "Pay using message" then when a customer will click on that button I want to collect the shipping and payment details from the customer using a popup form or any other means (before checkout), once I have the details want to send that data into my server where I have setup for Stripe payments, then once payment done on stripe I want to hit the orders api of shopify and create an order. I want to publish this app on the shopify app store as well.

I tried using shopify payment sdk but they did not approve my request. Please tell me if using this approach the app can be published on the shopify marketplace? What are other ways to achieve this?

Looking forward for your reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
16 1 2

hello @Priyanka9,

Your approach is achievable, you need to build a checkout app in which order will be placed through your payment methods. And if you face any difficulty or doubt while developing the app, you contact us for 24*7 guidance.

Have a good day, Amaan

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

With a checkout app what exactly you mean we will have a custom checkout page in our app?

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I have started on this app development, however my uninstall hook that I have registered on app installation fires anonymously. Please confirm how to resolve this, I have sent headers as well in response which is needed but the hook fires any time, 

This is my app/uninstall function:

http://prntscr.com/qdh9lo

And I have registered this webhook in my redirect url function. Please help me out with this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Any solution to this problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

@Jason , please reply to this, if you can help me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hello @Amaan1 

I have submitted this app to shopify for review and my app has got rejected. They says, "Apps that bypass Shopify Checkout are not accepted on the Shopify App Store. Payments and orders cannot be processed outside the Shopify platform."

You can check app's functionality here: https://chloe-test-app-store-two.myshopify.com/products/my-test-product

I have implemented it both on product and cart page. When click on "Pay with chloe", a popup opens asking for all details. When submit the details on the popup, an order is created on shopify with payment as pending and customer receives message/call/email for completing the payment via selected channel. When payment is done by customer, order is marked as paid.

Please let me know what is wrong with this approach and what can I do to make this app selected for publishing.

I am waiting for your quick response.
Thanks

0 Likes