Question about unlisted Apps

nmirbakhsh
1 0 0

Hi there,

We are trying to submit our app as unlisted but got rejected, and the reason does not make sense to us. To give you some background, our app is a data analytic tool that gathers data from several channels including Shopify API. How we design the integration, a user would need to add a Shopify shop name and then would be navigated to Shopify to sign in and authorize our app.

We followed Shopify API documents for an unlisted app and your online recommendations:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Authentication-without-knowing-Shop-Name/td-p/4590...

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/authenticate-with-oauth

But our submission is rejected for the following reason:

"We were redirected to the following page when trying to install your app. The OAuth authorization page must be the first step in the installation process when trying to install the app. The app must never ask a merchant for their .myshopify.com URL. Please watch this example of what the required installation flow looks like. Please see this documentfor additional details. "

However, based on the documentation we have to ask for the shop name! Can you please help us on this subject.

0 Likes
vix
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
534 105 103

Hi @nmirbakhsh 

While I can't comment on the app being rejected / accepted I can help you with the developer side of that. As stated in their comments, your app must oauth first and not redirect to another platform. You would send the user to a link which will kick off the oauth flow on their store. They then would accept the terms and install the app. The video linked in your comments is a good description of this. 

The first page the user hits should be the page that looks similar to this: 

install-unlisted-app-large-3db2f2ebd3c10f1ccf1f05f6a16c0a7dee119ad6bbfef93d882ea12400728701

Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes