Solved

REST API response for payouts are being truncated by Shopify

Denizthemenace
Shopify Expert
28 2 7

Hi,

I am experiencing a strange issue.

I want to query a single payout like here https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/shopify_payments/payout#show-2020-01

I submitted a query through:

/admin/api/2019-10/shopify_payments/balance/transactions.json?payout_id=xxxxx

But there are items missing when comparing the response  to that's visible in the admin /admin/payments/payouts/xxxxx

The request header is {'X-Shopify-Access-Token': 'my_very_secret_key', 'cache-control': 'no-cache'}

The payout id is correct, but all records after the 49th are missing, although they are visible in the admin panel admin -> settings -> payment providers -> Shopify Payments -> view payouts !

Any ideas what's wrong here?

I checked my code thoroughly and the issue is independent from my private app. I can reproduce this just by submitting a request through Postman. The result is identical to what my app returns.

Any idea what's the issue here?

Thanks
Zin
Accepted Solution (1)

Denizthemenace
Shopify Expert
28 2 7

This is an accepted solution.

SOLVED

It was just a pagination issue. As quick fix, just added the limit=250 to the URL:

/admin/api/2019-10/shopify_payments/balance/transactions.json?limit=250&payout_id=xxxxx

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Denizthemenace
Shopify Expert
28 2 7

This is an accepted solution.

SOLVED

It was just a pagination issue. As quick fix, just added the limit=250 to the URL:

/admin/api/2019-10/shopify_payments/balance/transactions.json?limit=250&payout_id=xxxxx